Site Evaluation Presentation Summary Rotation 2

During my mid site evaluation, I presented a 17-year-old male with no past medical history who was presenting with first time onset seizure. I felt comfortable presenting this case because I had done a lot of research on the possible causes for first time seizures in pediatric patients. During the presentation I outlined the different tests I would do such as CBC, Urine toxicology, Blood alcohol level, CMP, and CT. I also outlined my reasoning behind doing these tests to rule in or out things such as brain hemorrhage, stroke, brain tumor, electrolyte abnormalities, substance abuse, and epilepsy. For my final site evaluation, I presented a 4-year-old male whose father was bringing him because the child had a sore throat and fever for the past 3 days. I decided to pick this case because this patient presented with all the textbook signs of scarlet fever that we are taught about in school such as a strawberry tongue sandpaper rash which I thought were very interesting. Even though this case was almost for certain scarlet fever I still included things such as influenza and peritonsillar abscess in my differential to cover all grounds. I also outlined the different tests and treatment plans I would do and recommendations I would provide to the patient. Overall, both of my site evaluations went well and were very informative when it comes to how to go about presenting a pediatrics patient.