Self reflection on Rotation 9 OBGYN

I learned a lot during my time at my OBGYN rotation; I feel as if the providers I worked with made it a point to get me involved by having me do various procedures and writing the notes myself. At this rotation I further sharpened different skills such as taking a history, writing notes, and physical examinations. I would interview the patient myself, do the appropriate screening tests such as breast exams, Pap smears, STD testing, and pelvic exams under supervision, and then writing a note. I feel like my Ambulatory care rotation prepared me for my time in, because in ambulatory I received a lot of practice when it comes to doing procedures and gained some comfortability in that aspect. During this rotation I was given the primary responsibility of providing care to each patient with some supervision. This allowed me to begin to trust myself as well as my medical decision-making capability. Even though I began to trust myself more and get comfortable with my skills I will admit that this rotation has showed me that know as I am graduating, I need to be more confident in the knowledge and skills I have gained throughout my time in PA school.