Self reflection on Rotation 8 AM

I enjoyed my time during my ambulatory care rotation; I feel as if the providers I worked with were very caring, patient, and willing to teach. At this rotation I further sharpened different skills such as taking a history, writing notes, and physical examinations. During the visits, I would go interview the patient myself, take a physical exam, present to the provider explaining the most likely diagnosis, and then writing a note. I feel like my long-term care rotation prepared me for my time in ambulatory care, because in long term care I received a lot of practice when it comes to writing notes. Something that this rotation has showed me that I need to improve on is my pace when it comes to writing notes, I feel as if I can write notes adequately now however, I need to improve on my speed. In urgent care depending on the day, you may see a lot of patients therefore, it is important to be able to write your notes quickly and efficiently to not keep the patients waiting too long. I feel as if my next rotation which is OBGYN care will give me the opportunity to write more notes and perfect my note taking skills while also improving my timing, therefore I am able to see my patients in a timely and efficient manner.