Site Evaluation Presentation Summary Rotation 6 FM

During my site evaluation, I presented an 21-year-old male who presented complaining of a sore throat for the past 4 days. When I was presenting this case, I felt very comfortable because I had interviewed the patient thoroughly and went over the case with the PA I was working with while in the family medicine clinic. During my presentation I outlined different tests I would order or that were already ordered such as a rapid covid, mono spot, strep test, throat culture, respiratory panel, and NAAT of the throat. I also talked about my various differentials and which I thought was most likely to be his diagnosis. I decided to keep my differential open minded and covered things such as the obvious like strep pharyngitis while also considering things that may not be so common such as gonorrhea of the throat. When considering the diagnosis of strep I also included a break down for the centor criteria and where my patient ranked. I also outlined the treatment regimen and counseling patient should receive after getting a positive strep test. I received thorough feedback from my evaluator and will use this criticism to elevate my future h and p site evaluations.