Site Evaluation Presentation Summary Rotation 3

During my mid site evaluation, I presented a 55-year-old male with a past medial history of diabetes who was presenting with two days of abdominal pain. When I was presenting this case, I felt confident because I made sure to do research beforehand on the possible etiologies of abdominal pain in a diabetic. While I was presenting this case, I outlined the different tests I would do such as POC glucose, EKGS, CBC, CMP, lipase, lastly an ultrasound and CT of abdomen and pelvis. I also described my reasoning behind doing these tests which was to rul. In or out things such as DKA, pancreatitis, cholecystitis, and nephrolithiasis. For my final site evaluation, I presented a 47-year-old male with a history of hypertension, asthma, and obesity who was coming in for shortness of breath for 2 weeks. I decided to present this case because I felt like given this patient’s history there were a numerous number of things, they could possibly have such as an asthma exacerbation, pulmonary embolism, CHF, Angina, or pneumonia. Overall, both of my site evaluations went well and were a good learning experience especially when it comes to the specific questions and plan, I should have for a patient.